Let’s Change How We
Our focus is on taking action, providing tools for implementation so that we are able to undertake a transformative and generational shift in practice in our sector.
We believe it is imperative for philanthropy to become more diverse, inclusive, and equitable in its practices for three main reasons:
The DEI Coalition is a means of building a learning community with a commitment to effectively implementing a DEI Framework or elements of it, within our foundations
The Objectives of the DEI Coalition:
- Encourage the sharing of DEI best practice and resources within foundations and more broadly to the philanthropic sector.
- Enabling teams to develop expertise in this specialist area, with the support of others.
- Enabling foundation to use a DEI lens in developing grantmaking priorities or programme areas
- Empowering foundations to build a supportive organisational and inclusive culture that leads to effective grantmaking, more inclusive systems and better representation.
- Disseminating the latest research, evaluation, and data in relation to DEI as a tool for learning and impact across the foundation sector
- Providing a protected and safe space to discuss challenges, barriers and difficulties in the implementation of practice.